Professional Liability Insurance
Your reputation matters. In today’s litigious business environment, it is essential for organizations to protect themselves from allegations of negligable acts, errors, and omissions, making professional liability insurance an absolute necessity.
Even if a lawsuit is without merit, defense and impact on reputation can be a costly experience for a small business. Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions (E&O insurance), is a type of coverage that protects your business against claims if a customer or client is harmed from professional advice or professional service. It is often paired with general liability insurance for the most complete coverage.
You should consider professional liability insurance if your business provides:
- A professional service
- Regular professional advice to clients
- Contractual service to your clients
What does a professional liability insurance policy cover?
- Services provided (or not provided) by your business that result in client damages.
- Copyright Infringement
- Copyright law issues, mistakes, oversights, & alleged misunderstandings.
- Personal Injury
- Claims for libel or slander damages, whether they are true or not
- Previously Performed Services
- Service completed (within an agreed time-frame) which is protection for both current work and previous work
- Defense Costs
- Legal defense costs associated with lawsuits against your company, regardless of any fault
- Temporary Staff and Independent Contractors
- Your employees, including temporary staff and/or independent contractors
What type of business can be covered by professional liability (or E&O) insurance?
- Beauticians/Salon Services
- Career/Business Trainers & Coaches
- Family/Mental Health Counselors
- Management/Business Consultants
- Occupational Therapists
- Personal Trainers
- Real Estate/Property Managers
- IT Consultants
- And more…
Get a quote with MPL Risk Insurance today or call our team on (267) 888-4790.
We work with
Social Service facilities
Many more facilities
Our carriers can provide
Claims-Made or Occurrence coverage
1st dollar coverage up to $1M+ retentions
Primary Limits of $1M/$3M and Excess Limits available
Defense costs outside the limits of liability
Enhancements to include cyber/security liability, products liability, sexual abuse liability
Coverage in all 50 states